Anytime classes are in session, you’ll usually find the Cougar Café open (although they may have limited hours or close during summer sessions).
But for those days when you yearn for Something Else, there are abundant choices within a few minutes drive of our campus. We can’t list them all here, but just to give you an idea of where to look, here’s our short list of faster food places.
In Batavia itself (go down the hill and turn right at the stop sign)—
- Clermont Inn
- Domino’s Pizza
- Gramma’s Pizza
All of these are on Main Street except for Riverside Coffee Mill which is just around the corner from Main Street on South Riverside Drive (turn right at the third light).
Around Clermont Mercy Hospital (just off St. Rt. 32 to our east, and very convenient to UC East)—
- Burger King
- Dairy Queen
- Gold Star Chili
- & others
We like to pop over here for lunch, because the traffic is so much less hassle than driving to Eastgate. (If you are at UC East, there is a Wendy’s on James Sauls Sr. Drive to the east of the campus.)
At Eastgate (St. Rt. 32 in the vicinity of I-275 & surrounding area)—
- Long John Silver’s
- Penn Station
- Taco Bell
- Wendy’s (one at the mall, one on the way by Jeff Wyler’s dealerships)
- White Castle
- Several Chinese food places
- & larger chains like Applebys, O’Charles, Longhorn’s . . .
We’re sure we haven’t listed them all. But traffic is more difficult to deal with.
Other nearby restaurants—
- In Amelia where rt. 132 meets rt. 125 (go down the hill and turn right at the stop sign, then turn right on rt 132 at the second traffic light), there is a Wendy’s in the Kroger’s parking lot. Traffic is minimal and it takes about 6 minutes to get there. There is also is a small Chinese food place in the strip mall next to the Kroger’s and a Subway shop in WalMart on the other side of Kroger's.
- Also in Amelia along rt. 125, you will find the usual variety of pizza, chili, and fast food places, as well an assortment of mom & pop style diners.
We repeat: This is not a complete list of area restaurants! Nor is a recommended list. We put this here as a guide for students who may not be from this area and who are, therefore, unfamiliar with where they can get a quick lunch.