For Faculty & Staff
There are many opportunities for UC Clermont faculty and staff to partner with Career Services to help students build their skills, and leverage the knowledge from the classroom into a career path.
What Employers Are Looking For
According to a 2016 survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), employers are looking to hire candidates with outstanding communication skills who are team players. Students must be able to communicate the value of their degrees to employers.
Top ten attributes employers seek on a candidate’s resume:
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills (written)
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills (verbal)
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical/quantitative skills
- echnical skills
How can faculty help?
- Encourage students to visit Career Services as early as their first year – we have a comprehensive list of services that have be designed to meet students where they are, and help build them into workplace-ready professionals
- Invite Career Services to your classroom to present on customized career topics (resume, LinkedIN, etc)
- Internship, internship, internship! Start talking to students about the power of finding an internship—Career Services receives notice of available opportunities on a regular basis.