What are some good job search strategies?
Networking is your strongest tool in your toolbox when it comes to finding a job. In today’s job search world, it is all about who you know. A few tips:
- Always do your research on a company before applying.
- Make sure you know what your unique attributes and skill are when applying for a job. You’re selling your brand and telling the company why they need you and not the other person applying.
- Tailor your resume to each job you apply for and only apply for companies that you feel would be a good fit with your values.
- Keep a record of all the jobs and companies you’ve applied for and everyone you’ve talked to at that company.
- Attend Career Fairs and other functions that will put you in touch with different companies.
- Above all else - network, network, network!
For more guidance and connections, visit the Career Services office in Snyder S141C.