Call for Proposals
Call for Peer-Reviewed Proposals 2018 Conference
Conference: March 3, 2018
We invite and encourage proposals for the sixth annual 3T, Teaching, Techniques & Technology conference held at the picturesque campus of University of Cincinnati Clermont College, located in the heart of Batavia, Ohio. The 3T conference promotes the scholarship of teaching and learning by providing opportunities to share a broad range of innovative teaching practices, cutting edge pedagogical developments, and practical applications of technology in the classrooms across disciplines.
We are accepting proposals for 45-minute concurrent session presentations and for poster presentations. Proposals can be made for a group (up to three co-presenters) or for individual presentations. Of particular interest are proposals that effectively integrate one or more of the conference themes.
We are especially interested in multidisciplinary topics related to the scholarship of teaching and learning. The specific themes to be addressed with this Call for Proposals are the following:
- Evidence-driven Innovative Teaching Techniques
- Engaging Activities Across Teaching Environments (e.g., lecture, lab, field, community, online, face-to-face, hybrid)
- Application of Technology to Promote Effective Teaching
- Promoting the Value of Diversity
- Retention and Success for All (especially underprepared) Students
3T 2018 - Submission Requirements and Deadline
Proposals must include the following:
- Theme: Identify the conference theme addressed in your proposal.
- Contact Information: Primary Presenter’s Contact Information including name, title, college/company affiliation, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Bio: A 75 - 150 word bio for up to three co-presenters for the program booklet.
- Title and Abstract: Presentation title and 150 word abstract for the program.
- Overview: A 750 - 1000 word overview of your proposed presentation which includes: objectives, focus, evidence and relevance.
- Preferred Session Format: Oral presentation (45 minutes) or poster presentation. We will try to accommodate the preferred format; however, a change in format may be necessary due to scheduling constraints.
- Equipment needs: list of necessary equipment for the presentation (e.g., overhead projector, computer, internet access, etc.).
ATTENTION! LAST CHANCE!!
3T: Deadline for proposals extended until Wednesday, January 17, 2018 by midnight (EST).
You will be notified of the status of your proposal by February 5, 2018.
Please direct your questions to Dr. Girija Nair-Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've partnered with UC Libraries again this year to archive conference material from 3T in Scholar@UC, our university's institutional repository. Scholar@UC makes our intellectual output available across the web, connecting like-minded researchers and showcasing 3T as an important regional conference. UC Clermont Library Director Katie Foran-Mulcahy will contact presenters soon about sharing their conference presentations in Scholar@UC.